Since 1872 the M/S Mount Washington and her sister ships have invited passengers to experience the beauty of Lake Winnipesaukee. We’ve been here through some of our country’s greatest challenges, including world wars, cold wars, depressions, recessions, and the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
As we prepare for our 148th season, we know that this year will be different. The safety of our passengers and crew is always our primary concern, but these times require new thinking and renewed vigilance. We will continue to adhere to guidance from public health officials, while finding ways preserve the health of passengers and crew.
We know that a scenic tour or dinner cruise may not be your first thought right now, but we do want to take a moment to share some of the additional measures we’ll be taking this season to keep you healthy and safe. This crisis will pass and when it does, we want you to know we’ll be ready to welcome you.
Some the changes you will see include:
- Rigorous sanitation policies with disinfectant effective against COVID-19 and other viruses, with a focus on high touch areas including counters, tables, chairs, railings, and restrooms.
- Additional hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the ship
- A reduction in passenger capacity and greater spacing between tables to increase social distance
- New first aid and food service protocols and training for all staff and crew
- Enhanced technology to reduce person to person contact, including contactless payments.
In addition to these changes, we will continue to coordinate with state and local authorities and comply with guidance about hosting events. This coordination includes informing employees and passengers who are sick to stay home, and to cancel events where appropriate in order to maintain a healthy community.
This commitment requires flexibility on our part. If any event must be canceled in response to guidance from public health officials, all passengers will received a full refund. If you, or any member of your party becomes ill prior to your cruise, please let us know ASAP and we will issue you a full credit toward a future cruise.
We know that this is a time of concern. However as we have seen before, our community and our country will rise up to meet these challenges. So although we’re going to do things a bit differently this year, we look forward to seeing you on the water soon. In the meanwhile, take care of yourselves and each other as we navigate these trying times.
The Staff and Crew of the M/S Mount Washington